Monday, January 02, 2012

Finished projects

My first sewing project of this year is the gray dress on the left in the photo below.  I wanted it to be done before christmas but after getting the smaller dress for my youngest finished I came down with a high fever and was not able to finish the second dress (yes, I was sick Christmas Eve and Christmas day this year). I made most of this dress on Dec 31 but it wasn't finished until Jan 1 (around 1:00AM AND I was snipping the threads at 8:00Am).  have plans to make cute sweaters to go over the dresses so they can wear them without shirts under the dresses this winter but I worry if I wait until the sweaters are done I might forget to share a picture.   I wish this photo was nicer but I took it after a night with little sleep (New Years Day) and after a long day at church (we left for church at 9:45AM and didn't get back until around 2:30PM).



 Here is project #2 it is the Junebug dress free pattern over at craftiness is not optional  I wanted to try out the pattern so I can give the remix challenge over at Project Run and Play a try later this week.

 I made this dress out of an old sheet.  It can be a play dress or a nightgown.  I'm not crazy about it but Demi LOVES it.
I didn't add the elastic in the sleeves yet (Demi took off with it before I had a chance).  I hope to have photos of my remix in the next few days.

It's Jan 2 and I've shared 2 projects.  I hope to keep blogging all month!

1 comment:

Long Hồ said...

A dress is beautiful, but if you have an embroidery machine it would be a lot nicer. my opinion, the most beautiful flower.