Friday, February 03, 2012

Dress coat

Once again I'm a bit behind.   Life at my house is a bit out of our normal routine but I think I'm getting it back on schedule.   I made this coat last week for Project Run and Play (at home competition).   I didn't have enough free time to blog about it.   I hope to take some nicer photos over the weekend but if I don't get around to it at least I blogged another finished project (even if the photos are kind of crappy). 


This coat was made from two layers of corduroy.

Coat details- I made a very large peter pan collar, flared sleeves, covered buttons, with a below the knee gathered skirt.
I had lots of fun dusting off one of my embroidery machines (I forgot how fun it is to embroider).

OH!  It's reversible.  Here is the reverse side.


The newsboy cap I made using this free pattern.