Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A little more catching up!

My washer broke 2 days before Christmas! We have been living almost a year without a dryer. My first thought was OH NO! I am NOT going to try to wash all our clothes in the tub!!! I QUICKLY rethought that! Over and over again in the last 2 years I have said or thought "I will not do that or live like that" OR "I need or have to have that" I have found out the hard way many times that when it comes to it I WILL LIVE WITHOUT! I CAN LIVE WITHOUT AND I DON'T NEED OR HAVE TO HAVE IT! I quickly said to my husband that I didn't WANT to try to wash all our clothes in the tub. HE quickly replied you are NOT going to have to worry about that I will take care of it. He has a bonus coming in March (we don't like to count our chickens before they hatch but this one time we will) He put on credit a NEW WASHER AND DRYER! We will have the money to pay them off before we have to make payments so it will be OK. We didn't want to use credit at all but this one time we decided to do it. My husband is such a wonderful man! I am so lucky to have him! He had them delivered the next day! I got to wash and dry clothes on Christmas. I know that is something that many people wouldn't want to do on a holiday but I was so excited about having them it was FUN. I think my family was confused by some of it..... I know my hubby understood but other family members didn't seem to understand why I was so much more excited over fiber to spin than a new dryer. I am happy to have them and Christmas was so nice having people over WITHOUT 4 loads of clothes hanging to dry from my ceiling (yes this is a real picture of how things have been in our house over the last year). I liked the money I was saving on electric not using a dryer. I didn't like all the clothes being covered with lint, all wrinkly, and towels that felt like sandpaper. LOL! I am so happy to now have my new appliances! I am still going to try and hang clothes often. I will use the dryer to remove the lint and fluff our towels. Hmmmm.... Maybe if people are coming over I will use it so people don't have to see our laundry hanging.

My poor hubby! Christmas eve we stayed up until about 2:30 wrapping gifts and such. My children both got sick that lasted for about 2 weeks in early December then my husband got very sick a few days before that and the doctor said he had the flu. I was so worried that his Christmas would be ruined! He wasn't sick on Christmas I was so Happy! OH! back to my story... We fell way behind with holiday plans because of everyone being sick. We had lots to do the night before Christmas. Rob and I worked on getting everything wrapped and under the tree. At 2:30 we went off to bed. At 2:35 the phone rang. He answered the phone it was the security company calling. They said that a alarm was set off at my husbands work and they needed someone to meet the police at the store. My hubby had to go! I was so afraid that he was going to fall asleep driving I couldn't sleep. I got up and went down to lay on the couch. I would close my eyes and then get the thought of my poor hubby falling asleep driving I would get up in a panic. This would happen over and over until he got home. He got home at around 5 am. I then fell asleep on the couch because I was so tired I couldn't get up to go upstairs. My hubby went upstairs to bed. At around 7 am his family came. We all got up (only 2 hours of sleep) and Christmas started. It was a very long day. It was wonderful but I think a little more sleep would have been nice. We all had a happy day. I was to tired to worry or get upset with anything. LOL! I got to do laundry, spin a little yarn, enjoy my children and my very tired hubby.

No comments: