Saturday, July 14, 2007

I LOVE THIS!

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!!!




First let me say I did NOT make this! My wonderful friend Vicky made me this. She took some of my sadly spun and dyed yarn and made it into something beautiful for my baby! I am learning how to knit (still just learning to do the knit and purl stitches). I can't read a pattern or make anything yet. I am not even very good at spinning yarn (but it is the hobby I enjoy doing the most). I dream of the day that I will be able to make something from a knit or crochet pattern with yarn I spun myself for my children to wear. Vicky made this dream come true (except I didn't have to learn to do the knitting work LOL). My yarn looked very uneven and sort of ugly when I made it. I then used food colors to dye it I just wanted it to be done with this yarn so I rushed along when I dyed it. She somehow turned that into something beautiful!! I think it is called a sleeper soaker sack (I might be wrong about that). I think it is WONDERFUL! It is my most treasured baby item! I can't tell you all how excited I am with the thought of putting this on my baby! OH! Wait! I should give you the link to her stuff I keep forgetting she set one up.... Vick's esty shop She also owns a coop that sells all sorts of wonderful fabric and stuff. I guess you all now know how I am able to get such a large fabric stash without having a car most of the time. LOL! She delivers to my house (she lives right down the road). She ran me over something like 25 yards of elastic so I could keep making my diapers last week. She is the the type of person I want to become (I am sad to say that I still have a long way to go with that but I will keep trying). I just had to post a picture of this beautiful baby item! I can't wait to have my baby and post a picture of my little on wearing this!

No comments: