Thursday, May 11, 2006

Jean top and first try at shoes.

Yesterday I started a top for my DD made out of an old pair of jeans. I am not done yet. I hope to finish that up tonight. I started making a pair of shoes today. All I can say is WOW! That is MUCH harder than I thought it would be! I made a pattern from my DD's sneakers. Her feet are SO small I found this very HARD to sew. OK, for anyone who doesn't know I can't sew very well! I am just learning. I think the pattern I made is for my DD's size 2 foot. I think I have to make another for 2 1/2, 3 and so on. I do not think I will ever do that! I would like to make up one pair of size 3 in cloth (because I have a pair of size 3 sneakers). If they turned out I would like to try one pair made out of deerskin leather. My MIL gave the leather to me so I should try to make a pair with it. I think that will end my shoe making days unless my DH buys me a pattern. If anyone wants to make them and save LOTS of time trying to make a pattern I would suggest buying the pattern from http://www.chloetoesboutique.com/ I think it would be well worth the money. Her pattern would have to be better than my way! This is a bad picture of my shoes. They are hard to see because they are dark in color. They are hunter green Alova Suede. I used that because I have lots of it. I guess you can call them some hard to make slippers. LOL!


This is the top I am working on. It is just a simple make your own pattern type of thing. I took apart the top of the jeans for a binding of sorts to make it look more finished. You can see I didn't get very far in my picture. I need to add the straps and a hem yet. I will make a diaper cover for the bottoms.

No comments: