Monday, September 11, 2006


This is what I am spinning. I found that I can spin wearing baby on my back and walking in circles around the house. I am able to help my son with his school work all at the same time. I am trying to spin thicker. I spin very thin yarn all the time. I got to see some ladies that knit the other day and they mentioned my yarn was thin. I need to remember that this is for a baby soaker. I need to keep it thicker. I think this is still a little thin but it won't be that bad once I ply it (I hope). I think if I took the time to learn how to knit I would be able to keep the yarn thickness in my head when I spin.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Hi, I just saw your soakers and diapers and so enjoyed reading backwards through your blog! I do hope baby is getting some relief from the teeth and you are able to get something done. I'm Nana to 2 and 1 is on the way, I homeschooled this daughter. I'm looking forward to seeing the soaker pattern. I'm a new spinner too - and thin is easy for me too, but not thick! I don't have a wheel, just a drop spindle. Good luck and I'll be back to see your baby, fiber adventures. God Bless!

Amber (Bouncing Buttons) said...

Thank you Joanna for your kind words! Things are calming down and I will be posting my soaker pattern. I need to dye my yarn before I can make up the soaker. We have had rain for 3 days now. They say tomorrow will be sunny. I hope the sun comes out in time to dry the yarn. Last batch of yarn I did took a few days to dry because it was damp and raining. I like how you have a picture of yourself! I always wondered who the people are that read my blog. It is so nice to have a face to go with it. I am going to ask my DH if he will let me put a picture of myself on this blog. He told me I couldn't post pictures of our children but he didn't say if I could post my picture. God Bless!